Positive Parenting Skills Programme – Live Online
Our Positive Parenting Skills programme aims to offer parents practical ways of dealing with their children and techniques to make life at home better for everyone.
Our Positive Parenting Skills programme aims to offer parents practical ways of dealing with their children and techniques to make life at home better for everyone. Parents can take home these techniques from day 1 and begin making changes straight away. The programme focuses on three core elements: Communication, Dealing with Conflict & Importance of Setting Boundaries for Children.
Parenting After Separation & Divorce – Live Online
Our next Parenting After Separation or Divorce Course takes place online on Saturday, 18th September 2021.
Our next parenting After Separation or Divorce Course takes place online on Saturday, 18th September 2021.
Parenting presents its challenges everyday. How to set rules, manage behaviour and really connect with your child is a lot to take on, especially when you have never been given any training! When parents are living together and working as a team, it can be easier as you can provide backup for each other, discuss problems together and decide on solutions. It’s a tough job for parents but even tougher when you find yourself separated or divorced and trying to handle the everyday parenting challenges effectively.
No matter what happens between parents, whether they split amicably or acrimoniously, they are still parents to their children and must get on with their responsibility of co-parenting.
Every participant receives a full handout booklet and a Certificate of Attendance, which is accepted by the Irish Court System.
Antenatal Class – Live Online
Our next Antenatal Classes take place online on Saturday, 10th April 2021 & 12th June via Zoom from 9am – 2pm.
The Help Me To Parent Antenatal & Newborn Care course is designed for expectant parents. The course covers the last 3 months of pregnancy, labour and childbirth. It also covers the care of your newborn baby and care of your relationship after the arrival of your baby. The course runs over one full day, saving you time attending the maternity hospital class over a number of weeks.
The course is designed and delivered by a fully qualified midwife with over 10 years experience. As a mother of young children our midwife has the ability to bring her experience of childbirth as both a professional and a mother to our courses.
If you are having your first baby, it’s a totally new experience. Taking part in an antenatal class will prepare you and ease your fear of the unknown. You may be concerned about pain relief during birth, breastfeeding, what to do when the baby arrives. Our ante natal classes cover all of these issues and more in a relaxed and friendly environment.
As our antenatal courses are delivered by a qualified midwife, you may be entitled to reclaim part of the fee against your health insurance. Check your policy for details.
Course Topics Include:
- Help and advice on how to cope with all the minor discomforts during your third Trimester. You and your partner will learn about the changes your body is undergoing and the best way to make life easier for you in the last 12-14 weeks of your pregnancy.
- How to prepare for labour and delivery, the 3 stages of delivery, what your body and baby are doing at each stage.
- Different ways that you can cope with your labour and how your partner can play an active role in your labour, working together as a team!
- We explain about all of the different forms of pain relief available during labour from gas, air, drugs and TENS machines.
- “When do I go to hospital?” Be confident in knowing when you need to go to the hospital and what happens once your there. We will teach you how to have realistic expectations of how your labour will be managed when you arrive in hospital.
- What will happen if my labour doesn’t go as planned? Induction /Caesarean Section/Instrumental Delivery – all of these will be explained clearly.
- Transition to parenthood – becoming a parent doesn’t mean you automatically have a switch that tells you what to do! We explain this transition.
- Basic care for your new baby covers topics such as basic physical care, developing a bond with your new baby and understanding your baby’s needs (for example, why are they crying?)
- Breastfeeding Information: Research has shown that women who learn about breastfeeding in the Antenatal Period have a higher success of Breastfeeding their newborn for longer periods. Learn about simple easy to use methods to ensure your breastfeeding is successful, long lasting and enjoyable. For those of you not intending to breastfeed, we also provide information on bottle hygiene and feeding.
- We have practical demonstrations on preventing cot death and bathing your baby. Our aim is to give you the confidence you need for when your baby comes home.
- We provide information about all the Vaccinations & Immunisations your baby receives in the first 13months.
- Looking after yourself and your partner – we will give you practical advice on your new roles as parents and how to maintain a healthy relationship between you as parents.
- We cover health issues for both parents including resuming your intimate relationship and contraception.
Empowering Learning – Online Private Lesson
The Empowering Learning Programme was designed to simply teach the brain effective skills to overcome the symptoms of learning difficulties. It is a different approach to improving spelling and reading and it dramatically reduces the challenges of Dyslexia, ADD/ADHD, and Dispraxia.
Children with learning difficulties are highly visual but they cannot control their visual field and are unable to concentrate. The simple skills taught in this programme will allow parents and teachers to work with children to:
- Become fluent at reading and spelling through developing the skill to ‘see’ words in their minds eye – a skill all good readers and spellers have.
- Improve concentration and motor skills through learning to stabilise their visual memory.
- Extend their visual memory for reading and numbers.
How Does it Work?
- Teaches children how to use their visual skills to learn.
- Will show you how children learn visually.
- Focuses on what the child can do rather than what they can’t do.
- Shows each child how to get into the best emotional state to learn.
- Helps parents and teachers build the child’s confidence.
You will have the techniques to work with children who have learning difficulties which will vastly improve their spelling and literacy.
Classroom behaviour will improve and frustration will abate.
You will have an understanding of how to support children’s learning needs.
It is recommended that there is one parent with one child in attendance for every two teachers as the majority of the course is based on the practical application of the Pass Literacy On techniques.
The skills and techniques work in any language and the improvement in the children’s spelling will be apparent by the end of the day