Visual Learning for Visual Children
The Empowering Learning Programme was designed to simply teach the brain effective skills to overcome the symptoms of learning difficulties. It is a different approach to improving spelling and reading and it dramatically reduces the challenges of Dyslexia, ADD/ADHD, and Dispraxia.
Children with learning difficulties are highly visual but they cannot control their visual field and are unable to concentrate. The simple skills taught in this programme will allow parents and teachers to work with children to:
- Become fluent at reading and spelling through developing the skill to ‘see’ words in their minds eye – a skill all good readers and spellers have.
- Improve concentration and motor skills through learning to stabilise their visual memory.
- Extend their visual memory for reading and numbers.
How Does it Work?
- Teaches children how to use their visual skills to learn.
- Will show you how children learn visually.
- Focuses on what the child can do rather than what they can’t do.
- Shows each child how to get into the best emotional state to learn.
- Helps parents and teachers build the child’s confidence.
You will have the techniques to work with children who have learning difficulties which will vastly improve their spelling and literacy.
- Classroom behaviour will improve and frustration will abate.
- You will have an understanding of how to support children’s learning needs.
It is recommended that there is one parent with one child in attendance for every two teachers as the majority of the course is based on the practical application of the Empowering Learning techniques.
The skills and techniques work in any language and the improvement in the children’s spelling will be apparent by the end of the day
For more information on this programme, contact Info@HelpMetoParent.ie.